- All participants must be 18 years or older.
- All participants must read, sign, and submit the online waiver form before playing or your team will be subject to default.
- Games are 24 minutes, timed matches, running score.
- Teams will switch sides at 12 minutes (as indicated by the announcer).
- 1 point is scored for every serve (rally point).
- The ball can be contacted 3 times in a row by male players, but the third contact cannot be an attack.
- Teams must have 2 members of the opposite sex on the court at all times during play.
- Any part of the body many be used to keep the ball in play.
- All basic volleyball rules apply (3 hits, rotation order, net touch, held ball, etc).
- Blocking is allowed by front row players only. 2 males are permitted to block side by side.
- Serving can be done anywhere across the end line.
- Every team is guaranteed 3 games, but may play more.
- There is 1 ball for every court. Please do not remove it from the playing area.
- Team Captains are responsible for keeping score during the match.
- Following each match, the Team Captain of the winning team is responsible for reporting the score to the Results Area.
- All games are controlled via the Honor System. The event is about having fun. If you commit an infraction, make the call.
- Teams must be comprised of a minimum of 6, up to a maximum of 10 players. 6 players, including at least 2 females and 2 males must be on the court during the entire game. Teams not meeting this requirement will be subject to a default. The opposing team may waive the minimum player requirement and have the match count as an official game. This must be determined prior to the start of the match.
- If the horn indicator goes off during a rally, the rally is to be completed and point scored.
- There are no tie games. If the teams are tied at the end of the 24 minutes, one sudden-death rally-point (served by the team that won the previous point) determines the game winner.
- Teams that are late to the start of a game are penalized 1 point per minute. Both teams need to agree on the penalty points and the games starting score before the game starts. If a team fails to show for the full game the score will be recorded as 25-0. Team captain of the team that was present is required to report that the other team did not show up.
- Any teams that do not report their scores by the end of the round robin will default to a 15 - 15 tie.
Additional Recreational Division Rules
- No spiking is allowed. This is defined as 'jumping' and attacking the ball above the height of the net.
- 'Spike Serves' are not allowed.
- 'Held/Carried' or '2-Hit' violations will be allowed a good deal of flexibility.
Additional Competitive/Intermediate Division Rules
- Spiking is allowed by front row players only. This is defined as 'jumping' and attacking the ball above the height of the net.
- 'Spike Serves' are allowed.