NEIGHBORHOOD NOTIFICATION PLAN
This July 21 & 22, the 16th annual MTS Super-Spike will be taking place at Maple Grove Rugby Park. Super-Spike is a combination of Western Canada’s biggest beach/outdoor volleyball tournament, mixed in with a two day outdoor concert series, all set in a festival atmosphere. It has become one of Manitoba’s most anticipated festivals each summer. Even more important, the event has raised over $1 million for the local community.
As of 2017, MTS Super-Spike has evolved its charitable funding structure. Formerly a fundraiser exclusively for the National Women’s Volleyball Team previously based in Winnipeg, MTS Super-Spike has now shifted its community support to multiple new Manitoba based charities each year as event beneficiaries. From this, Super-Spike is expected to leave an even bigger footprint within the community supporting more local charities in need. Along with Volleyball Manitoba, who will be a staple event beneficiary each year, Super-Spike will fund and support two additional charities in need. The charities benefiting from the event will change each year moving forward. This year, we are pleased to announce that both KidSport Manitoba and the True North Youth Foundation will be the events additional charity beneficiaries of choice.
As MTS Super-Spike is expected to host over 500 Teams with a live music component over the two-day event, we will continue to execute a Neighbourhood Notification Plan (NNP) to help educate the surrounding residential communities that may be effected by the event. Our goal is to educate the constituents in the effected wards, and help mitigate any potential noise complaints that may occur throughout the event weekend. As such, the Organizing Committee Members of the event wish to share with you the following information regarding the event:
- Special Events Permit: We have applied for, and been granted, a Special Events Permit and related permits by the City of Winnipeg Planning, Property and Development Department.
- Noise Permit: We have applied for, and been granted, a Noise Permit by the Winnipeg Police Service for the following dates and times: Friday, July 21 – 5:00 PM to 12:30 AM and Saturday, July 22 – 11:00 AM to 12:30 AM.
- Social Occasion Permit: We have applied for, and been granted, a Social Occasion Permit by Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba.
- Letters of Support: We have received Letters of Support from both City Councillor Brian Mayes (St. Vital Ward) and City Councillor Janice Lukes (South Winnipeg-St. Norbert Ward) in support of the event.
- Winnipeg Police Service: We have contracted Winnipeg Police Service Special Duty Officers to be present at all times during the event.
- Professional Security: We have contracted Professional Security to be onsite at all times during the event.
- Emergency Medical Services/First Responders: We have contracted Emergency Medical Services/First Responders to be onsite at all times during the event.
OTHER GENERAL EVENT INFORMATION:
- Live Music: The live music component of the event takes place during the following dates and times (a full schedule including band line-up can be found on The Music page): Friday, July 21 – 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM and Saturday, July 22 – 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Team Registration & Weekend Passes: Those interested can register a team for the volleyball tournament ($59 per player) by creating/logging in to their Account or purchasing a Weekend Pass (for non-volleyball players, $35 each). Limited Weekend Passes will be available at the door.
- Parking: There is NO parking on-site unless a Premium Parking Pass is purchased in advance. The majority of attendee’s will utilize a FREE Park & Ride shuttle service from the University of Manitoba’s U-Lot (across from Investors Group Field). Directions to the shuttle parking and information is available on our Parking page.
- Minimum Age: We are an 18 years of age or older event, however minors can attend until 10:00 PM as long as they are accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
DO YOU HAVE ANY INQUIRIES OR CONCERNS DURING THE EVENT?
SUPER-SPIKE: 204–925-5785 or email@example.com
WINNIPEG POLICE SERVICE: 204–986-6037